Sunday, July 20, 2014

TRIBECA

 

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the lack of pictures. I didn't know I would start this blog business this soon. And to be fair I'm NOT always in a low cut shirt. So, I'm just using old pictures and reviews, I promise I'll step up my game! Anyway, onto Tribeca. Their menu looked pretty big and had a lot of dishes that you wouldn't normally see but I only tried 2 things, their wings and kimchi pulled pork fries. A lot of my friends have been going because of their great deals on Wednesdays, 10 NT wings! I think we ordered about 50 wings, we got spicy korean style, thai chili, and buffalo. I might be biased because I am seriously addicted to fried chicken and that's my fuckin' problem. And with a deal like that, it probably made it even tastier. But I was not disappointed nor was I drunk, the wings were tender and all their sauces had their own distinct flavors, I could taste all the spices and tell which sauce was which. They were fried nicely and all the wings got coated in yummy gooey goodness (take that how you will).
I am a huge fan of kimchi anything, mix that with mexican food and I am sold. When I saw this on the menu, I HAD to order it. I'm a little hazy on the price of this but I'm going to say it was around $280NT? The portion was a good size and there was lots of kimchi and pork in it. I asked the waitress to give me more sour cream because apparently I just like white sauce that much. But without the amount that I added it seemed a tad on the dry side. Overall, I really liked this dish. They found a good balance of spicy, tart, creamy, and all the flavors worked really well together.

I am definitely coming back for more wings and going to try the other things on the menu. When I went it was super crowded, I think there was an office party or something going on. Tribeca also has a wide selection of beers and cocktails. It seems like a pretty legit place to pregame before ladies night or a group gathering before you go to the lounge of your choice on the weekend. Get your stomach full before or while you drink is key! They have a few tables outside for smokers and inside they have regular tables, bar tables, and the bar. I'm really glad that there are more and more places like this opening up in Taipei, it's 'bout damn time. 

1 comment:

  1. 台北市大安區大安路1段31巷52號
    Taipei, Taiwan

    ReplyDelete